This programme will complement and add value to your leadership development programs and wider leadership development experiences.
Leadership New Zealand and NZ Employment Today
The programme is in three phases, each building on the others, Along with working together to explore specific content, we also value free inquiry and response to emerging themes.
Who is it for?
This programme has been specifically designed for leaders in New Zealand working and leading in complex and uncertain environments.
This programme will help you to:
- Experience the benefits of self-awareness, emotional intelligence, leadership presence, authenticity, resilience and wellbeing.
- Increase clarity, confidence, and the ability to respond with compassion to yourself and others.
- Be skilled and competent in practising and applying mindfulness at work, to maintain focus and stay present.
An increasing body of evidence suggests mindful practice can have a significant impact on key leadership issues. Mindfulness is a direct expression of authentic being, and is available to us all when we attune ourselves to the emerging life of the present moment.
As a leadership competency, mindfulness allows us to deepen into the power of presence. This brings many immediately practical benefits that expand our mental capacities beyond our habitual point of view, while offering greater internal spaciousness, clarity and innovation. Mindfulness promotes enhanced self-awareness and increased resilience; these qualities combining to deepen integrity.
A mindful leader is centred and grounded, even in a demanding, action orientated role.
- Understanding the key principles of mindfulness, and learning to participate in mindful presence
- Definition of mindfulness and its application in leadership and organizational life
- Practicing mindfulness exercises to build self-awareness
- Utilizing the precision and stability of present-moment attention to navigate leadership
- Moving from automatic pilot to conscious responsiveness
- Understanding our common “blind spot” in leadership practice
- Implementing mindful leadership skills in the working environment
The art of sustained mindfulness
- Working effectively with differences and conflict
- Deep listening to precipitate new perspectives and insights
- Using mindful inquiry to face into real and relevant questions from your leadership practice through
- Generative conversational exercises
- Developing wise and ethical leadership
- Building mindful leadership capability
- Authentic presence: beingness as a primary quality of inspiring leadership, connection and influence
- Developing compassion to enable greater openness and synergy
- How to tune into your intuition and penetrating ways of knowing
- Absorbing higher levels of autonomy and self-trust
- Learn how to hold ambiguity and complexity in spacious awareness